The project ”Georgian Civil Society Sustainability Initiative” (CSSIGE) was developed and is implemented by the consortium lead by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung in cooperation with four Georgian Civil Society Organizations: Civil Society Institute (CSI), Center for Training and Consultancy (CTC), Center for Strategic Research and Development of Georgia (CSRDG) and Education Development and Employment Center (EDEC).
The project is funded by the European Union and co-funded by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung.
The overall objective of the initiative is to improve the operational environment for civil society in Georgia, through empowering CSOs, increasing their accountability towards constituencies and amplifying their linkages to other actors.
In order to ensure efficient outreach and sustainability of the “Georgian Civil Society Sustainability Initiative“ and its outcomes nation-wide, as well as contribute to experience sharing and networking on regional and national levels, the project established hubs in all 10 regions of Georgia. Civic Integration Foundation is a regional hub in Kvemo Kartli.
As all hubs of the project, Civic Integration Foundation supports CSSIGE with efficient outreach and sustainability and contributes to the experience sharing and networking on regional and national levels. Similar to other HUBs, Civic Integration Foundation:
• Disseminates information on upcoming and conducted project activities in the respective region;
• Facilitates communication with local actors (CSOs, CBOs, CIGs, LA, business, media) including various consultation processes and workshops on legislation reviews, networking, advocacy and monitoring issues;
• Implements awareness-raising campaigns (including regional CSO fairs, competitions etc.) targeting different local actors as well as the general public on CSO role and activities;
• Implements capacity-building activities for local CSOs/CBOs.
In addition, within the grant funding received from CSSIGE, Civic Integration Foundation offers following services and activities:
• Information on grant competitions, training and educational programs announced in the region;
• The database of civil society and community-based organizations operating in Kvemo Kartli region;
• Online and phone consultations for representatives of civil society and community-based organizations:
Tel: (+995 032 2182266)
• Training on different topics (effective communication, strategic planning, financial management, training of trainers, etc.) for representatives of civil society and community-based organizations;
• Multi-stakeholder meetings (Media, local government, youth, and other public groups) for presenting ongoing activities, sharing future plans, discussing the problems of the region, and elaborating on cooperation formats.
• Internship programme for active youth and members of Kvemo Kartli based civil society and community-based organizations.
• Coordination meetings with regional CSO and community-based organizations in order to establish networking, discussing the results of activities and future plans.